• facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael MasonMichael Mason commented  · 

Alexey,

I'd like for my Highrise tasks with specific dates & times to be imported into Google calendar as 30 minute events. Is this possible? It looks like you're saying it is available, but it's a hidden option. Thanks!

• Steve RigoSteve Rigo commented  · 

I agree with you about the Google tasks being unfriendly. I have gone to using Remember the Milk which syncs with my Android, and Outlook local file. I sync my Google Apps gmail account with Outlook and needed a way to manage my tasks. I've asked Yoxel to add this integration. I'm not sure I could use your suggestion of sync'ing with my calendar.

• FlorentFlorent commented  · 

this is great

let me know, I will test with pleasure

Since calendars can be displayed simultaneously in gmail, then i think it would be better to create a calendar in gmail called "Highrise"

• Katya KulesovaAdminKatya Kulesova (Managing member, Yoxel, LLC) commented  · 

Actually one more question. For BC tasks it is clear, they can be filed in their corresponding project calendar. What about the Highrise tasks? Would it be ok to create them in the default google calendar (they would all be of the same color)?

I think this should be doable:

> - Highrise tasks with no date nor time ("Later") go to Google tasks
        > - Highrise tasks with date but no time go to Google Calendar as whole-day events
        > - Highrise tasks with date and time go to Google Calendar as 30-minutes events

Event deletion = "task completed", but then you'll have to manage owner re-assignments from Basecamp/Highrise

The duplication task+event will happen when a "Later" task is synced as a task first and then as an event once a date is assigned.

Personnally, I would rather use only event.

Using a pair is duplicating the content in the calendar, only event is enough.

Again personnally, when a event is done, I delete it in google.

So deletion in google would check as "Done" in HR and vice versa

How would you be checking off these tasks/events in your calendar?

I am thinking of duplicating - of creating a pair task + event.
        This way you can view the events in the calendar but then still check them using the tasks.

Please everybody, vote for this suggestion if you like it

i think Michael Baudino is right:
        - Highrise tasks with no date nor time ("Later") go to Google tasks
        - Highrise tasks with date but no time go to Google Calendar as whole-day events
        - Highrise tasks with date and time go to Google Calendar as 30-minutes events

• Michael BaudinoMichael Baudino commented  · 

What if :
        - Highrise tasks with no date nor time ("Later") go to Google tasks
        - Highrise tasks with date but no time go to Google Calendar as whole-day events
        - Highrise tasks with date and time go to Google Calendar as 30-minutes events
        ?

Another comment that was sent to me directly by email:

>I do not use Google tasks. I use basecamp for all of those including
        >anything from Highrise. More importantly for me would be intrgrating the
        >Google calendar and the basecamp calendar so todo's from the new basecamp
        >show-up as all day events in my Google calendar. That way i have one place
        >to look for everything that has a date and not having to use two calendars.

• Shannon HonadleShannon Honadle commented  · 

I used to use Google Calendar as a simple task manager. I didn't like it because there was no way to "check off" when you completed something. My old CRM didn't sync with any task systems out there but you could import it into Google Calendar and it was the same problem.

I've never had a problem syncing Google tasks to an Android platform but you might want to try the app Any.do. It has gotten great reviews for it's elegant design and how it integrates into the Android system. Also, it does sync with Google Tasks and so I can now keep all my tasks in one place. My only issue with Any.do is it does not sync with GT automatically so you have to go in and sync on a daily issue if you want it to show up a proper task list, especially if you want to add a reminder. But it's easy to pick a day for it be complete and they have the capability of have notes on your task (something Highrise lacks). There is also a Chrome extension for Any.do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base