Yoxel Portal connects to your Exchange server via EWS (Exchange Web Services) service endpoint. EWS is supported starting with MS Exchange 2007.
- Figure out the right EWS url:
- Check your current Outlook account settings: Account Settings->[choose account]->More Settings->[select Connection tab]->Exchange Proxy Settings. For Mac Users, try the Outlook Preferences-->Accounts-->[choose account]--->Advanced
- Often your Exchange provider's documentation will mention the EWS url when describing Entourage 2008 mail client configuration.
- For example, for Rackspace hosted servers the url would be https://ews.mex02.emailsrvr.com. You may also see a URL that ends in '/ews/exchange.asmx'. For Rackspace users this is usually https://ews.mex02.emailsrvr.com/ews/exchange.asmx
- If you don't know your EWS url try the url you use for webmail login.
- Open a separate browser window. Paste the URL into the navigation window. If the URL does not end in '/ews/exchange.asmx,' add the '/ews/exchange.asmx' suffix to the server part, i.e. Rackspace users would paste/type https://ews.mex02.emailsrvr.com/ews/exchange.asmx
- If the EWS service is provided by your server you'll see an authentication box pop up in your browser. Use that box to test your username and password. Usually your username will be your email and if that does not work try your windows style 'DOMAIN\username' username. Upon successful login you'll get a page full of xml, which means that you're ready now to fill out the Exchange service form in your Yoxel Portal account.
- In Yoxel simply specify the server part of the url https://<server-name> (Yoxel appends /ews/exchange.asmx under the hood) and the username/password that worked for you when you tested them in the separate browser window (see #2).
If you are still having trouble with configuring the Exchange service please write to us.